Patterns in Cyberspace
You can call me Elliotyagami, if you like.
I’m computer science student at IIT R.
I build and break open source software for fun.
Blockchain intern at hyperledger during summer 2019.
This intern included working on X.509 certificate transparency using hyperledger(CTB or HFCTB). Developed and deployed blockchain network, worked with docker and kubernetes, maintained multiple servers on digitalocean, create web interface for CA and a firefox extension for querying state of certificate within CTB.
Devops and Pythonista intern at praktice.ai, during summer 2018.
Praktice.ai is a chatbot application which targets the b2b strategy and provides hospitals an easier way of allowing the users to book appointment, ask medi- cal query, and find doctors etc. It is used by ndcs, khh singapore and apollo hospitals. Worked on aws lambda, rds and dynamo for making the application distributed.
This is a selection of my experience. See my full resume for more, including volunteer positions and college work experience.
- Minecraft-strike (Python)
- PSO-VMScheduling (Java)
- cfdPlusPlus (IOT)
- Oct 2018| Mitter hackathon: received first prize by the mitter.io. Results
- Oct 2018| Settle hackathon: This project finished third and was integrate in settle application. Results
- Oct 2018| HackInOut: We won special prize offered by matic-network. Blog
- Feb 2018| Microsoft CFD: My team was selected in top 3 projects by microsoft from IITR. Github
It is the duty of software engineers to build software in an ethical way. In short:
- computer systems should serve their users before their makers
- software should empower users, not restrict them
- users should decide how data is used before engineers or businesspeople
Whether it means embracing software freedom or another ideology, or going by gut feeling, we must proceed as best we can.